Full Mass and Confession Schedule listed at our website, abbreviated schedule is here:
Monday-Friday: 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 am, 12 Noon, 12:30, 1:00, 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am, 12 Noon, Vigil Mass at 5:30 pm (Fulfills Sunday obligation)
Sunday: 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:15 am (Choir), 12 Noon, 1:00, 4:00 (Spanish), and 5:30 pm
Weekdays: After morning Mass and from Noon to 1:20 PM
Saturdays: Noon to 12:45 PM and 3:30 to 5:30 PM
Please note our comments disclaimer: Personal attacks and inappropriate comments will be flagged for removal; continuing to post such comments may result in removal as a fan.
St. Francis of Assisi is a Catholic Christian community in the Franciscan tradition. Our church actively welcomes all people out of our conviction that God loves everyone.
We celebrate the Eucharist in the spirit of Vatican II and we strive to worship God with good music, good preaching and a warm welcome to everyone who wants to be here.
We also reach out to those in need in our own community, our city and beyond. And we have a very active adult education center. Come check us out at www.stfrancisnyc.org
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturday evening: 4:00 PM and 5:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM (Korean), 9:30 AM (lower church), 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:15 PM
The complete schedule of for daily mass, confessions, etc. can be found online at: http://www.stfrancisnyc.org (read less)
Our parish was founded in 1858 by the new religious community of Roman Catholic priests, the Paulist Fathers under the leadership of Father Isaac Thomas Hecker, CSP, who is now Servant of God, the first step to Sainthood. Construction on our beautiful and historic church began in 1876 and completed in 1884.
Our Church is decorated by some of the greatest American religious artwork executed by artists such as Robert Reid, William Laurel Harris – and even, a rare copy of one of Michelangelo’s masterpieces. The ceiling is decorated with a star map of January 25, 1885, the date of the Church’s dedication and the Feast of the Conversion of Paul, our patron.
The building of our church continues today in the vibrant ministries and many community activities that are held here. Our Loaves & Fishes soup kitchens serves hundreds of people each week, our Winter Shelter provides meals and a warm place for people in need; our outreach ministry with Young Adult Catholics flourishes as does our outreach to Gay & Lesbian Catholics; and, our outreach to Arts & Artists hosts concerts, art exhibits, and visiting choirs. Many community organizations utilize our parish space for classes and meetings. We are the parish for students at Fordham University and The Julliard School.
As the Mother Church of the Paulist Fathers (www.paulist.org), the first order of religious priests founded in the United States. You are likely to see Paulists who give parish missions and retreats around the country. The Paulist National Young Adult Ministries is also based here with their wonderful website www.bustedhalo.org.
It's a wonderful parish with deep roots in New York City and in the Roman Catholic Church in the United States. Welcome!
Please see our parish bulletin or subscribe to our E-Bulletin or log onto www.stpaultheapostle.org for information on all the programs and services. Information is updated weekly.
The Church of St. Leo is a former Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 11 East 28th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenues in Manhattan, New York City.HistoryThe parish was established in 1880 to relieve the overcrowded St. Stephen's parish by the Rev. Thomas J. Ducey, its first rector, who continued there until his death in 1909. It was dedicated to St. Leo, patron saint of Pope Leo XIII, the reigning pontiff at the time. The Archbishop of New York at the time was John Cardinal McCloskey, the first American-born Cardinal, who was eligible to take part in the conclave that elected Leo pope (but did not because of travel delays). The parish was marked by its broad humanitarian spirit. It had a separate mortuary chapel at 9 East 28th Street for people of any faith who had died while temporarily being in the city, such as hotel guests. The bodies could remain there until being claimed for a proper funereal arrangement, or St. Leo's clergy would handle the service without remuneration. The parish was suppressed to become a mission of the former St. Stephen's Church. Some sources say the suppression took place in 1908; others that it occurred in 1909, following Fr. Ducey's death. The church building was given to the Sisters of Mary Reparatrix as a convent and retreat house following their expulsion from France in 1910, and the old rectory was turned into a convent inhabited in 1914 by thirteen professed nuns, three lay sisters and a postulant.
The Church of the Holy Innocents is a territorial Church founded in 1866 and completed in 1870 using Gothic Revival style architecture. Its history is filled with spiritual richness. One of the most extraordinary characteristics of the Church is the most beautiful mural which stands high above the main altar. It is a depiction of "The Crucifixion of Christ" painted by the famous Italian artist Constantino Brumidi. Constantino is best known for his work on the Great Rotundo of the United States Capital Building. He is known as the "Michael Angelo of the Capital" and Holy Innocents has one of his Master Pieces...
St. Catherine of Siena Church is part of the Parish of St. Vincent Ferrer and St. Catherine of Siena, a parish of the Archdiocese of New York served by the Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Joseph. The Parish was established on August 1, 2015 by Cardinal Timothy Dolan.
Church of the Blessed Sacrament (Manhattan)Distance: 1.3 miCompetitive Analysis 133 W 70th St New York, NY 10023
The Church of the Blessed Sacrament is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located in the Upper West Side of Manhattan at 152 West 71st Street, just east of Broadway. The parish was established in 1887.The present church was started in 1914 to designs by Gustave E. Steinback and the first mass was held on Christmas 1920.The Arclight Theatre is located on the lower level.
The Church of the Holy Innocents is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 126 West 37th Street at Broadway, Manhattan, New York City.HistoryThe parish was established in 1868. The present edifice was completed in 1870 using the Gothic Revival style of architecture. The first pastor engaged Constantino Brumidi to create a monumental fresco over the main altar. He later decorated the Great Rotunda of the U. S. Capitol Building. In the early years cows roamed the streets and open pastures around Holy Innocents. As the city rapidly expanded northward the community, known as the "Tenderloin", teemed with immigrants from Europe. By the early 1900s the area was known for newspaper publishing (The New York Herald) and theaters (The Metropolitan Opera House (39th St)). Holy Innocents was called the "actor's church". Eugene O'Neill, the playwright, was baptized in the church in 1888. Archbishop Patrick J. Hayes had the church build a twenty-storey storage and loft building at 135-9 West 36th Street in 1924 to designs by the eminent Emery Roth 19 West 40th Street for $600,000.Pastor Rev. Dr. Richard Brennan transferred here in 1890 from being pastor since 1875 of St. Rose of Lima's Old Church (New York City), after the death of the former pastor, Rev. Larkin.
The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a Roman Catholic parish church, located in Hell's Kitchen/Clinton, Manhattan, New York City. Founded in 1876, it is a parish of the Archdiocese of New York and is located at 457 West 51st Street. Sacred Heart of Jesus School is located at 456 West 52nd Street. Since 2009, the pastor has been the Rev. Gabriel Piedrahita.HistoryThe parish was founded in 1876 with the Rev. Martin J. Brophy as the first pastor. The congregation first met in the converted Plymouth Baptist Church at 487 West 51st Street.Vicar-General Mooney, pastor of the church in the 1890s, was a strong proponent of the parochial school system, as opposed to secular public schools. During a sermon at the dedication to the now closed and demolished St. Rose of Lima Parish School, he "urged his hearers to send their children to the parochial schools, where, he said, the religious instruction they would receive was far more important than the secular instruction they could receive in the public schools."BuildingsIt is one of the largest churches in Midtown Manhattan.According to the parish history, the cornerstone of the present Victorian Romanesque church building was laid on July 23, 1884 and the finished church building was dedicated by The Most Rev. Michael A. Corrigan, Archbishop of New York, on May 17, 1885. However, according to the AIA Guide to NYC (1978), the "symmetric confection of deep red brick and matching terra cotta frosted with light-colored stone arches, band courses, and copings" was built around 1901 to the designs by the prominent architectural firm of Napoleon LeBrun & Sons. The address listed in 1892 was 447 West 51st Street.
St. Vincent Ferrer High School is an all-girls, private, Roman Catholic high school located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. It is located within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York.BackgroundSaint Vincent Ferrer High School is sponsored by the parish of Saint Vincent Ferrer Church located at 65th Street and Lexington Avenue. The first school was built in 1884 and the Dominican Sisters of Saint Mary of Springs (now known as the Dominican Sisters of Peace) have taught and administered the school since that time.
Our Lady of Peace ChurchDistance: 0.8 miCompetitive Analysis 237 East 62nd St (Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues) New York, NY 10065