Saint Louis Ballpark Village is a dining and entertainment district adjacent to Busch Stadium where the St. Louis Cardinals play in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, occupying the site of the previous Busch Stadium. Situated on the 200 and 300 blocks of Clark Street across from Busch Stadium, the $100 million first phase of Ballpark Village consists of 150000sqft of retail shops, restaurants, entertainment venues and 720 parking spaces. As BPV's name and locale suggest, it is designed to be an extension of Busch Stadium and an innovative approach to creating a neighborhood – hearkening to Chicago's own Wrigleyville district next to Wrigley Field – and vitalize downtown St. Louis' economic potential. The project offers over 200+ events annually instead of only the 81 days of Cardinals home games, make the region more of a focal point in the Midwest, and enhance the ballpark goers' experience.The first main phase of construction was completed in time for Opening Day of the 2014 Major League Baseball season. The Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum and Cardinals Nation Restaurant, Fox Sports Midwest Live! Restaurant, the Budweiser Brew House, and PBR St. Louis all comprised the first phase. The primary developer is the Cordish Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
The Gateway Arch Experience offers a wealth of fun activities for out-of-towners and local visitors alike, especially families. Attractions include the Gateway Arch, Old Courthouse, Gateway Arch Riverboats, Gateway Helicopter Tours, and activities, events and special exhibits created by the National Park Service, as well as other partners.
Citygarden is an urban park and sculpture garden in St. Louis, Missouri owned by the City of St. Louis but maintained by the Gateway Foundation. It is located between Eighth, Tenth, Market, and Chestnut streets, in the city's "Gateway Mall" area. Before being converted to a garden and park, the site comprised two empty blocks of grass. Citygarden was dedicated on June 30, 2009, and opened one day later, on July 1, 2009.Citygarden is 2.9acre in size—occupying two square city blocks—and cost US$30 million to develop. St. Louis' Gateway Foundation, a not-for-profit organization supporting public art, funded the design and construction of the garden. While the city owns the land on which Citygarden was developed, the foundation owns the statues and covers all park maintenance costs except water and electricity. The Gateway Foundation is also in charge of providing additional security for the garden.There is no admission fee for visitors of Citygarden, which is located close to St. Louis' Gateway Arch and Busch Stadium. The park is open year-round and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.HistoryPublic art is not new to the Gateway Mall. In 1940, a large Carl Milles work was installed outside St. Louis Union Station. This later became one end of the mall when it was created in the 1960s, with the Gateway Arch on the other end. In 1982, Richard Serra's Twain—a sculpture comprising eight large plates of weathering steel—was installed on the 1.14acre block immediately west of Citygarden, creating Serra Sculpture Park.
Saint Louis Arch RiverfrontDistance: 0.3 miCompetitive Analysis 100 Washington Ave. St. Louis, MO 63102
We are a family owned and operated bar located just 500 feet south of Busch Stadium which makes us a hotspot for baseball fans to visit before, during and after games. We are only open on home Cardinal games right now, and Mardi Gras parade. We appreciate your business and look forward to meeting new friends, seeing familiar faces and making every season better than the last.
America's Center and Edward Jones DomeDistance: 0.4 miCompetitive Analysis 619 N 8th St St. Louis, MO 63101
St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame MuseumDistance: 0.2 miCompetitive Analysis 601 Clark Ave St. Louis, MO 63102
The St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum is a team hall of fame located in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, representing the history, players and personnel of the professional baseball franchise St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball (MLB). It is housed within Ballpark Village, a mixed-use development and adjunct of Busch Stadium, the home stadium of the Cardinals. 34 members have been enshrined within the Cardinals Hall of Fame.HistoryThe St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum was originally located in downtown St. Louis in the same building as the International Bowling Museum and the World Bowling Writers (WBW) International Bowling Hall of Fame, near the site of the old Busch Stadium and the new Busch Stadium. The International Bowling Museum closed its St. Louis site in November 2008 and moved to Arlington, Texas.The Cardinals Hall of Fame likewise closed when the Bowling Museum moved and suspended public operations. However, the museum staff designed a new hall of fame and museum. The Cardinals moved the museum to the St. Louis Ballpark Village, which is located across Clark Street from Busch Stadium and opened in 2014. The new facility was constructed within the Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum and Cardinal Nation Restaurant in Ballpark Village.
One Metropolitan Square, also known as Met Square, is a skyscraper completed in 1989 in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. At 180.7m, it is the tallest building in the city, and second tallest building in Missouri behind One Kansas City Place in Kansas City.Major tenants include architecture firm Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum, which also designed the building, the Bryan Cave law firm, the Evans & Dixon law firm, the Brown & Crouppen law firm, The Driscoll Firm,P.C. and Kemoll's Restaurant. There is also a banquet facility on the 42nd floor called Top of the Met.The building was constructed by McCarthy Building Companies, Inc., the largest general contractor in St. Louis. In early May, 2014, a DJI Phantom quadcopter drone crashed into the building.
St. Louisans proudly claim the internationally renowned Tony's, and its many awards, as their own. Accolades from Mobil...AAA...Conde Nast
Traveler...Nation's Restaurant News...the honors continue to multiply.
The Old St. Louis County Courthouse was built as a combination federal and state courthouse in St. Louis, Missouri. Missouri's tallest habitable building from 1864 to 1894, it is now part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial and operated by the National Park Service for historical exhibits and events.HistoryLand for the courthouse was donated in 1816 by Judge John Baptiste Charles Lucas and St. Louis founder Auguste Chouteau Lucas and Chouteau required the land be "used forever as the site on which the courthouse of the County of St. Louis should be erected." The Federal style courthouse was completed in 1828.It was designed by the firm of Lavielle and Morton, which also designed the early buildings at Jefferson Barracks as well as the Old Cathedral. Lavielle and Morton was the first architecture firm west of the Mississippi River above New Orleans. As street commissioner in 1823–26 Joseph Laveille devised the city's street name grid, with ordinal numbers for north-south streets and arboreal names for the east-west streets.Missouri became a state in 1821, and the St. Louis population tripled in 10 years. A new courthouse was soon needed. In 1839 ground was broken on a courthouse designed by Henry Singleton in the Greek Revival style, with four wings, including an east wing that comprised the original courthouse and a three-story cupola dome at the center.