Located on 4th and Olive Street, blocks from the Gateway Arch Riverfront, America's Convention Center, Busch Stadium, Edward Jones Dome, and plenty of corporate downtown offices, Bamboo Bistro offers a variety of dishes that spans from many different Asian influences.
The menu features a wide array of great selections which are made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. It is Bamboo Bistro's passion to serve innovative culinary creations. From traditional stir-fry to the Asian fusion dishes, Bamboo Bistro has something sure to please every member of your group.
So whether you are in the mood for Thai, Vietnamese, or Chinese, Bamboo Bistro is the perfect spot for an afternoon lunch, casual dinner, business meeting, or romantic rendezvous.
Asia Gourmet is a small family-owned Chinese fast food restaurant in the heart of downtown St. Louis. Recently re-opened in August 2014, it is run by Aileen Mai and Karen Wu. It was previously called Chinese Express which ran for about 30 years on its little corner on Tucker Boulevard under the close eye of Karen Wu and the late Nam Ngo. Many local office and shops flock to Chinese Express when lunch time rolled around.
When St. Louis upgraded the streets, the restaurant took steps to re-established itself as well. After months of hard work and preparation, the new Asia Gourmet opened its doors to old and new patrons alike. Ms. Mai, Ms. Wu and the crew moved over to the new location a little ways south on Tucker Boulevard. The menu was updated and a few new flavors of Southeast Asian cuisine was added to the plate. Our new store has a waiting area and plenty of seating for those who want to take eat their meal in-house or to-go.
Please have a visit and experience a little slice of Asia Gourmet today!
We hope to see you soon at 412 N Tucker Blvd Saint Louis MO 63101!
Bell Telephone Building (St. Louis, Missouri) Distance: 0.0 miCompetitive Analysis 920 Olive St St. Louis, MO 63101
The Bell Telephone Building, located at 920 Olive Street in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, was built in 1889 for the purposes of housing the switchboard and local headquarters of the Bell Telephone Company. The building served as the main telephone exchange for St. Louis from its construction until 1926, and it is the oldest extant telephone building in St. Louis (and possibly was the first building constructed for the telephone industry in St. Louis).History and restorationThe earliest St. Louis telephone exchange was located in the National Bank Building at 417 Olive (since demolished) in 1878. By the late 1880s, space for a dedicated telephone exchange facility was needed. Groundbreaking occurred in 1889 after the acceptance of the Boston-based Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge design, and the final construction cost was $154,225. The main switchboard room was at the top of the building (then only six stories). Between 1890 and 1910 telephone use expanded dramatically, and the local St. Louis Bell Company merged with other Bell telephone companies to form Southwestern Bell by 1920. In 1923, Southwestern Bell absorbed the local St. Louis telephone competitor, Kinloch Telephone, adding to pressure on the capacity of the building. These pressures resulted in the construction of the nearby Southwestern Bell Building in St. Louis between 1923 and 1926.After Southwestern Bell vacated the building, it became used as a retail and warehouse facility for the St. Louis print company S.G. Adams Stationery, which was purchased by Comfort Printing in 1959 (but continued operating under the original name). The building became the flagship store for S.G. Adams during the 1960s through the 1980s. However, S.G. Adams refocused its business model on commercial printing in the early 1990s, closing its retail locations. The Bell Telephone Building became the final retail store of S.G. Adams, and it was closed and vacated in 1994.
The Maryland Hotel, now known as the Mark Twain Hotel, is a historic hotel in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. The hotel was built in 1907 and designed by St. Louis architect Albert B. Groves. The Classical Revival building uses terra cotta decorations extensively; in particular, the second story is covered entirely in terra cotta, and other decorative terra cotta panels feature fruit and flowers.The Maryland Hotel opened as a luxury hotel, but it eventually became a flophouse. In the 1990s, the hotel was renovated and became the Mark Twain Hotel; the new hotel serves low-income people, particularly those with criminal records.The hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 16, 1996. At the time of its listing, it was one of only seven historic hotels in downtown St. Louis; five of the others (Hotel Statler, Lennox Hotel, Majestic Hotel, Mayfair Hotel, and Union Station Terminal Hotel) were previously listed on the National Register, and the last, Hotel Jefferson, was added in 2003.