1111 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 742-7340
Tickets for STAPLES Center sports and entertainment events are available at STAPLES Center Box Office located at 1111 S. Figueroa Street. The Box Office is adjacent to Star Plaza, on Chick Hearn Court (formerly 11th Street), between Georgia and Figueroa. Contact the Box Office by phone at (213) 742-7340.
Box Office Hours - STAPLES Center Events
Monday - Saturday
Event Days: 9:00 AM - ½ hour after event start
Non-Event Days: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Event Days: 10:00 AM - ½ hour after event start
Non-Event Days: Closed
Box Office Hours - Microsoft Theater Events
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Exchange LA is located in the former Los Angeles Stock Exchange Building, which dates back to 1929. With renovations complete the new-look begins almost immediately with 12-foot bronze doors at the entrance welcoming the next generation of Angelinos to the party!
Featuring live music/DJs 7 nights a week & daily happy hour specials, La Cita has something to offer for everyone!
Check out our events calendar at http://lacitabar.com/events
EVERY DAY (indoors) 10AM - 9PM
$3 Domestics & Tecate; $4 Wells
MON-FRI (El Patio) 4PM - 9PM
$3 Domestics & Tecate; $4 Wells
FRIDAYS: ANGRY HOUR on El Patio 4PM - 9PM
It's ANGRY HOUR - Punk rock, hardcore and beyond at La Cita! LA's best punk rock happy hour every Friday.
SATURDAYS: AFTERNOON DELIGHT on El Patio 2PM - 9PM
Yacht rock and happy hour prices on the patio! Hosted by CALIXTO and JIMMY JAMES
SUNDAYS: SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY on El Patio 2PM - 9PM
Los Angeles' best and original Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar! Awarded LA Weekly's Best Bloody Mary and Best Michelada.
The GRAMMY Museum is an educational and interactive music museum in downtown Los Angeles, committed to engaging students, teachers and visitors in the power of music – through education programs, interactive exhibits, workshops, and live performances.
We use music as a gateway to learning and a means to empower students to cultivate creativity, critical thinking and self-expression skills. Our education programs include Museum tours, workshops, after-school and summer programs, mentorships, and more.
Since our inception in 2008, we have served over 200,000 K-12 students and educators from Southern California and across the country.
VIP Suite at Staples CenterDistance: 0.0 miCompetitive Analysis 1111 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90015
The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion is one of the halls in the Los Angeles Music Center (which is one of the three largest performing arts centers in the United States). The Music Center's other halls include the Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson Theatre, and Walt Disney Concert Hall.The Pavilion has 3,156 seats spread over four tiers, with chandeliers, wide curving stairways and rich décor. The auditorium's sections are the Orchestra (divided in Premiere Orchestra, Center Orchestra, Main Orchestra and Orchestra Ring), Circle (divided in Grand Circle and Founders Circle), Loge (divide in Front Loge and Rear Loge), as well as Balcony (divided in Front Balcony and Rear Balcony).HistoryConstruction started on March 9, 1962, and it was dedicated September 27, 1964. The Pavilion was named for Dorothy Buffum Chandler who “led (the) effort to build a suitable home for the Los Angeles Philharmonic and rejuvenate the performing arts in Los Angeles. The result was Mrs. Chandler’s crowning achievement, the Music Center of Los Angeles County. Her tenacious nine-year campaign on behalf of the Music Center produced more than $19 million in private donations” noted Albert Greenstein in 1999.In order to receive approval for construction from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Mrs. Chandler promised Kenneth Hahn that the building would be open free for the public for one day a year. The result was the Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration, a Christmas Eve tradition sponsored by the Board of Supervisors. The program is broadcast on KCET-TV and an edited version of the prior year's show is syndicated to public television stations via PBS.
Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, originally built as the United Artists Building and later known as the Texaco Building, is a 243ft, 13-story highrise hotel and theater building located at 937 South Broadway in downtown Los Angeles, California. It was the tallest building in the city for one year after its completion in 1927, and was the tallest privately owned structure in Los Angeles until 1956. Its style is Spanish Gothic, patterned after Segovia Cathedral in Segovia, Spain.The building contains the historic United Artists Theater, the flagship theater built for the United Artists motion picture studio. The theater was later used as a church by pastors Gene Scott and his widow Melissa Scott under the name "Los Angeles University Cathedral". In October 2011, Scott's Wescott Christian Center Inc. sold the building to Greenfield Partners, a real estate investment company located in Westport, Connecticut, for $11 million. It was converted to a hotel, and opened in 2014.United Artists TheaterThe United Artists Theater was designed by the architect C. Howard Crane of the firm Walker & Eisen for the United Artists film studio formed by D. W. Griffith, Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford. The theater, a classic movie palace, was one of many constructed by United Artists and served as a major premier house. The theater occupies three floors of the 13-story building and has a 1,600-seat auditorium. Like many movie theaters, the seat rows sink in toward the front of the orchestra section, so ticket holders there must look up at the stage.
Pershing Square is a public park in downtown Los Angeles, California, one square block in size, bounded by 5th Street to the north, 6th Street to the south, Hill Street to the east, and Olive Street to the west. It lies atop a large underground parking garage.History19th centuryIn the 1850s, the location was used as a camp by settlers from outside the Pueblo de Los Angeles, which lay to the northeast around the Our Lady Queen of the Angels' church, the Los Angeles Plaza, and present-day Olvera Street. Surveyors drew the site as 10 individual plots of land, but in practicality it was a single 5acre parcel. Canals distributing water from the Zanja Madre were adjacent. In 1866 the site was dedicated as a public square by Mayor Cristobal Aguilar; it was called La Plaza Abaja, or "The Lower Plaza." At some point the owner of a nearby beergarden, German immigrant George "Roundhouse" Lehman, planted small native Monterey cypress trees, fruit trees, and flowering shrubs in the park and maintained them until his death in 1882.In 1867, St. Vincent's College, present-day Loyola Marymount University, was situated across the street, and so the park informally became known as St. Vincent's Park. In 1870, it was officially named Los Angeles Park. In 1886 it was renamed 6th Street Park, and it redesigned with an "official park plan" by Frederick Eaton. In the early 1890s it was renamed Central Park. During this period a bandstand pavilion was added for concerts and orators. The plantings became sub-tropically lush, and the park became a shady oasis and an outdoor destination. In 1894 the park was used as the staging area for the annual crowning of the queen of 'La Fiesta de Los Angeles.
Originally opened in 1914 as The National. Three years later, the name was changed to The Regent, as we still know it today. After decades as a grindhouse and adult movie venue, the theater was closed in 2000, only to lay dormant for several years. Six years later, developer Tom Gilmore acquired the property, using it as an occasional art and performance space for the monthly Thursday night Downtown Art Walk. Known for its sloped floor, proscenium archway and gothic-inspired ceiling, The Regent is a true relic and the last remaining historic movie theater on Downtown LA’s Main Street. Music promoter Mitchell Frank, along with Artist and Recreation, LLC, and Knitting Factory Entertainment Inc., took over the lease in 2012 and has restored the theatre to its former glory. Improvements include an update on all interiors, second story mezzanine for killer viewing as well as a pizzeria (Prufrock Pizzeria) and bar (The Love Song).
Upon completion fall of 2014, The Regent Theater will play host to concerts, themed dance nights, theater performances, movie screenings, special events, parties and festivals.
The Downtown Palace opened with the words: “The Standard Orpheum of Vaudeville announces the opening tonight of its fine new theatre between sixth and seventies streets. All seats for tonight are sold, but for the balance of inaugural week as well as in the future they maybe obtained at the Box Office of the New House.” This proclamation revealed arguably the most charming, intimate venue in the storied Historic Core of Downtown Los Angeles.
And now the old entertainment soul pushes into the new, carrying a legacy starting with a June 26th, 1911 inaugural performance by Sophie Tucker through subsequent star attractions such as Harry Houdini, Sarah Bernhardt, and Fred Astaire (even the greatest animal acts had their run!), to more recent marquee names like Julian Casablancas, Lucent Dossier Experience, Bill Nye (The Science Guy), Eugene Mirman, Tig Notaro, Last Remaining Seats, and Cinespia, to name a few.
No longer an Orpheum (a word derived from the Greek mythological poet and musician Orpheus, whose skills could charm animals, plants, and even rocks) nor a newsreel iteration known as the “Palace Newsreel Theatre,” (including a visible ghost sign which can still be seen on the back alley wall), but a fully restored Broadway gem—the charming and lavish Palace Theatre, one of the oldest theatres in Los Angeles and the oldest surviving vaudeville circuit Orpheum theatre, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the historic Broadway corridor of downtown Los Angeles, California.
On June 26, 2011, the “new” Palace celebrated its centennial by unveiling a $1 million restoration by Shahram Delijani, stirring Linda Dishman, executive director of the LA Conservancy to herald, "The Palace is one of the jewels of Broadway . . . and we're thrilled that they've done such a magnificent restoration.”
While the Palace has embraced it's authenticity, it has also been technically upgraded with new audio, lighting, and electrical renovations, the heart of which is a matched and calibrated, state-of-the-art Midas III/d&b audiotechnik sound system intended to coax the naturally excellent acoustics across the one thousand fully restored, plush velvet wrapped seats, none of which are more than eighty feet from center stage. The Palace is one of the few venues to juxtapose an architecturally and historically significant structure with a state of the art sound system and classic 35 mm Simplex E7 celluloid projectors. Coupled with expanded bar, lounge, artist, patron, and VIP areas, the Palace is prepared to bring it’s legacy of cultural engagement and live performance into fully modern times,
With its beautifully preserved architecture and decor modeled after the great opera houses of 17th Century Europe, or conversely as “something out of Tom Waits song,” restored and improved interior areas and cutting edge technical capabilities, the Palace Theatre in downtown Los Angeles can transform your next special event or live concert into a truly unforgettable, even magical experience. Exciting times lay ahead.
Please direct special event and concert inquiries to:
Broadway Theatre Group:
Palace, Los Angeles, Tower Theatres
email: [email protected]
General info: 213-488-2010
Theatre Manager and Location Filming:
The Downtown Palace
Main Auditorium: 608
Midas III FOH console
d&b audiotechnik V-Series line array (flown) w/B2 subs
3 x 40' on stage truss
1 x 10' downstage truss.
500 amps/3phase on stage
200 amps Stage Right
300 amps Stage Left
40’ wide at proscenium
31’ 6” deep from smoke pocket to back wall
36’ from stage to top of proscenium arch at center
Dual Strong International Simplex E7 35 mm projectors with Xenon lamp houses
***Full specs, seating chart, pricing available upon request.
G. Albert Lansburg, an American architect known for his work on luxury cinemas and theatres, with assistance by Robert Brown Young, designed The Palace. The décor was elegant and subdued, with shades of gold, pink and blue predominating. Marble walls and mosaic tiles were used throughout the lobbies, and the basement featured a paneled lounge with a fireplace. The former ladies lounge upstairs has windows overlooking the outer lobby reminiscent of a lovely Florentine early Renaissance palazzo. Landburg enlisted noted Catalonian architectural sculptor Domingo Mora, who also worked on New York City’s Metropolitan Opera House, to design and create the striking brick and polychrome terra cotta facade—the first use of multi-colored stone in that era—formed into flowers, fairies, and theatrical masks, illustrating the spirit of entertainment. Four bas relief panels depicting the four muses of vaudeville -- Song, Dance, Music, and Drama—as well as a Troubadour figure, all illuminated by the polychromatic glow of an original “modern” neon marquee and accompanying neon vertical blades.
The interior decoration is distinctly French Renaissance, with garland-draped columns and lit painted domes floating above like drifting luminous planets, and a color scheme of pale pastels, reflecting off the shells which illuminate the walls casting a soft lit ambience inside the auditorium. The auditorium was designed with excellent acoustics for the pre-amplified age. The intimate vertical design comprises of two balconies ensuring that no pair of ears or eyes are far from the stage. On the two walls surrounding the stage, hang two massive framed pastoral murals by painter Candelario Rivas and his crew working under the interior design direction of master American muralist Anthony Heinsbergen, the foremost designer of North American movie theatre interiors.
To view a more extensive history of the Downtown Palace, please see the excellent web archive by Bill Counter:
also on FB:
And these other great historical resources:
Los Angeles Historical Theatre Foundation
Club Nokia @ LA liveDistance: 0.2 miCompetitive Analysis 800 W Olympic Blvd, Ste 335 Los Angeles, CA 90015