Cedar Point is The Roller Coaster Capital of the World! Home to 17 thrilling coasters, live shows, delicious food, family attractions, Cedar Point Shores Water Park, hotel properties and more! It's the ultimate family vacation destination!
USER NOTICE: Fans can be banned for reasons such as abusive language, bullying, inappropriate attacks, multiple posts in a row, name calling and any other reason moderators feel is inappropriate.
Our website goal is to educate the public about Cedar Point and the Amusement Park Industry, as we believe that Cedar Point is the best amusement park in the world.
Also follow us on Twitter @CPARC1870
The Hotel Breakers, opened in 1905, is a large historic Lake Erie resort hotel located at 1 Cedar Point Drive in the Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio.HistoryGeorge A. Boeckling, then general manager of Cedar Point, believed that the longer guests stayed at Cedar Point, the more profitable the resort would be. The park’s two hotels at that time, the 20-room Bay Shore Hotel and the 125-room White House Hotel, were having trouble meeting the demands of overnight visitors. So, Boeckling made plans to build a massive hotel on the resort's beach. Keeping with Boeckling's vision of Cedar Point as the "Coney Island of the West", he set out to build the resort's grandest hotel. The Hotel Breakers opened on June 12, 1905, featuring 600 rooms, most with a view of Lake Erie. Each room included running water and one hundred had private baths, a rarity for hotels at that time. The hotel's Breakers Cafe seated 400 guests. The hotel was designed by the Knox & Elliott architectural firm and was influenced by chateaus Boeckling had seen while traveling in France.The hotel's lobby featured round seats, which remain a Cedar Point tradition. The ceiling was elaborate pressed tin and included chandeliers crafted by Tiffany artists. The hotel's original amenities included imported wicker furniture, large brass beds, a manicurist, a physician, a tailor, a stenographer, a barbershop, news stand, ice cream parlor and souvenir counter. Adjacent to the lobby was a four-story rotunda featuring four tiers of balconies, which remains in the hotel. Singers from the Metropolitan Opera gave impromptu performances in the rotunda from their balconies during the 1910s and 1920s.
The Cedar Point Light is a restored lighthouse on the grounds of the Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, United States. The original lighthouse at the site was built in 1839, and a front range light was added to the station in 1853. A new lighthouse, the structure which stands today, was completed in 1867. This light served as a navigational aid until 1904, in which year the light tower was removed from atop the dwelling. In the ensuing years it was kept in use by the federal government as a buoy depot, a radio beacon station and a search and rescue boat station. These last duties were transferred to Marblehead Coast Guard Station in 1975, and the Cedar Point station was discontinued. Cedar Point Amusement Park acquired the structure around 1990, and spent the decade refurbishing the dwelling and reconstructing the light tower. The lighthouse opened as part of a vacation cottage development in 2001.The Cedar Point Light was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
Cedar Point Frontier Trails Distance: 0.4 miCompetitive Analysis 1 Cedar Point Dr Sandusky, OH 44870-5259
Cedar Point Maverick Distance: 0.4 miCompetitive Analysis One Cedar Point Drive Sandusky, OH 44870 Sandusky, OH 44870