640 WILLIAMS St NW Atlanta, GA 30313 (404) 894-2470
Georgia Tech's main campus occupies part of Midtown Atlanta, bordered by 10th Street to the north and by North Avenue to the south, placing it well in sight of the Atlanta skyline. In 1996, the campus was the site of the athletes' village and a venue for a number of athletic events for the 1996 Summer Olympics. The construction of the Olympic village, along with subsequent gentrification of the surrounding areas enhanced the campus.The Georgia Tech campus is located in Midtown, an area north of downtown Atlanta. Although a number of skyscrapers—most visibly the headquarters of AT&T, The Coca-Cola Company, and Bank of America—are visible from all points on campus, the campus itself has few buildings over four stories and has a great deal of greenery. This gives it a distinctly suburban atmosphere quite different from other Atlanta campuses such as that of Georgia State University.
College and University Near Georgia Tech main campus
The Clough Commons officially opened on Aug. 20, 2011 offering a 24/7 central place for Georgia Tech undergraduates to enhance all aspects of their academic lives.
Features of the Clough Commons include:
* modern and innovative science laboratories for foundational biology, chemistry, earth and atmospheric sciences, and physics courses;
* technologically advanced classrooms ranging from intimate seminar classroom settings to tiered lecture halls;
* a single facility housing undergraduate advising, tutoring, student success programs, and other student-centered academic services; and
* sustainable design features that will enable certification as a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is a public research university in Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States. It is a part of the University System of Georgia and has satellite campuses in Savannah, Georgia; Metz, France; Athlone, Ireland; Shanghai, China; and Singapore.The educational institution was founded in 1885 as the Georgia School of Technology as part of Reconstruction plans to build an industrial economy in the post-Civil War Southern United States. Initially, it offered only a degree in mechanical engineering. By 1901, its curriculum had expanded to include electrical, civil, and chemical engineering. In 1948, the school changed its name to reflect its evolution from a trade school to a larger and more capable technical institute and research university.Today, Georgia Tech is organized into six colleges and contains about 31 departments/units, with emphasis on science and technology. It is well recognized for its degree programs in engineering, computing, business administration, the sciences, design, and liberal arts. Georgia Tech is ranked 7th among all public national universities in the United States and 36th among all colleges and universities U.S. News & World Report rankings, and Georgia Tech is also highly regarded internationally for its engineering and business programs.
At Georgia Tech, we teach, research and learn computing unlike any other program, because we are unlike any other program. We are a world-class computing community that is much more than the sum of our many parts. Whether it’s research, theory or practical application, we go beyond “collaboration” or “interdisciplinary” – we shatter boundaries and create new ways of exploring problems. We have a dedicated, world-class faculty that sets the agenda for computing research across the United States and the world. Our students are smart, tenacious and imaginative, and through our interest-driven curriculum they enjoy the freedom to map their own academic paths.
At Georgia Tech, we think bigger and bolder. We move forward with more energy and creativity. We empower everyone in our community to be more.
For more information about the Georgia Tech College of Computing, its academic divisions and research centers, please visit http://www.cc.gatech.edu.
Klaus Advanced Computing BuildingDistance: 0.1 miCompetitive Analysis 266 Ferst Dr NW Atlanta, GA 30318
The Christopher W. Klaus Advanced Computing Building is a three-story academic building at the Georgia Institute of Technology that houses a portion of its College of Computing, College of Engineering, and related programs.HistoryFinancingIn 2000, the building was financed by a $15 million donation from successful internet entrepreneur and former Georgia Tech student Chris Klaus. Klaus was a founder of both Kaneva and Internet Security Systems. At the time of Klaus' contribution, it was the fifth-largest contribution by an individual in Georgia Tech's history. Klaus was 26 when he made the donation.PlanningArchitect Perkins+Will was selected. The site of the old Health Center was selected for the new computing building's location, and a new $7.1 million Health Center was built near the Georgia Tech Campus Recreation Center to free up that land. The Health Center faculty were then moved to the new facility in March 2003. Construction was initially planned to start in Summer 2003, but there was some difficulty in the ownership of the many parcels that the site encompassed. Several were of uncertain ownership, and Georgia Tech had to verify that it owned every part of the site before the Georgia Board of Regents would allow construction to proceed. "f you look at some old maps, way, way back when was just a few buildings, these were all home sites... Before the Board of Regents will allow anyone to build on a site, they have to have the deed in hand and know that the property belongs to the Board of Regents... That was a major, major issue for us... e literally had to go through with the city and everybody else trying to reconcile who’s the owner." Construction bids were set in December 2003, and the winning contractor was scheduled to begin in early January. General contractors WG Yates & Sons Construction received permission from the state to occupy the site in February 2004. From that date, the project was expected to take two years to complete.
George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical EngineeringDistance: 0.1 miCompetitive Analysis George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering 801 Ferst Drive Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA 30332-0405 (404) 894-3200
The H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) is one of eight degree-granting academic units (Schools) in the College of Engineering at Georgia Tech. ISyE has achieved national and international prominence through its tradition of unparalleled excellence and leadership in research, education, and service. It is the largest academic program of its kind in the world, with a strong foundation in optimization, stochastics, simulation, and statistics.
Clients of the Georgia Tech Leadership Challenge Course include corporate professionals, small-business groups, non-profit organizations, community groups, friends and family, and students ranging from middle school to college.
The workshops we offer, both on and off the challenge course, are custom-designed to meet the needs of each unique client from start to finish. We have a variety of curricula available from leadership to team-building. Our facilitators are selected based on the needs of your groups and range from GT undergraduate and graduate students to professionals in business, education, engineering, and others. As part of the Georgia Tech community, the GT Leadership Challenge Course has access to state of the art facilities, classrooms, and technology to meet the needs of our clients.
Please see products for more information on custom-designed programs.
Please visit our website: http://www.crc.gatech.edu/orgt/lcc/
The 688 Club was a popular alternative music venue in Atlanta, Georgia, located at 688 Spring Street, near the intersection of Spring and 3rd Streets. The 688 Club opened in May 1980 and closed in November 1986. The club was operated by Steve May. The club was co-owned by Tony Evans, John Wicker, and in its final years by Mike Hendry. Cathy Hendrix served as the club's music director. During its brief lifetime, the 688 played host to hundreds of punk rock, new wave and alternative rock bands - many of whom would later become world-famous.During the early 1980s, the 688 Club was the primary place for up-and-coming bands from Atlanta and Athens, Georgia, to get noticed. Among the groups that regularly played there were R.E.M. and Pylon. The club spun off an independent record label, 688 Records, which survived for a time even after 688 Club had closed its doors. Dash Rip Rock's self-titled debut LP was the first album released by 688 Records.After 688 ClubThe club re-opened as the "686 Club" on December 31, 1986 but was renamed "The Rollick" the next day. By 1990, the space was occupied by a club called "Weekends". The club operated as an industrial/goth club known as Tyranny from 1995 - 2000. The space was later occupied by Outa Control Inc. Sometime thereafter, the original building was extensively remodeled, and houses a Concentra urgent care medical facility.
AT&T Midtown Center I is a 206.4m, 47-story skyscraper in Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1982, it serves as the regional headquarters of BellSouth Telecommunications, which does business as AT&T Southeast, and was acquired as part of AT&T's acquisition of BellSouth. BellSouth Corporate headquarters was located in the Campanile building, also in Midtown.BackgroundThe company, then called Southern Bell, originally planned to build the parking deck for the tower one block further east at the corner of Ponce de Leon Avenue and Peachtree Street. This would have required the razing of the historic Fox Theatre which would have been an especially great loss to the city after the downtown Loew's Grand Theatre was destroyed by fire in 1978. Tremendous opposition, protests, fundraising, and petition drives within the community prevented the Fox's demolition. Even Liberace spoke out on behalf of the "Fabulous Fox". In the end, a complicated deal was struck to build the parking deck on an alternate site north of the main tower on West Peachtree Street.
Hours of Operation vary: Please visit http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/plan-your-visit/
We love all of our fans! We do ask you to remember that this is a fan page. We are excited about a dialogue with our fans, and are open to everyone's comments and opinions. However, we ask you not to ruin our fans’ experience here by using inappropriate or offensive language, or by posting information that is factually incorrect or even violent in nature. If through your words or actions you demonstrate that you are clearly not a fan of Georgia Aquarium and do not support its mission of education, conservation, entertainment and research, and create an environment which damages the fan experience, then your comments will be deleted and you will be denied participation on this page. If you have any concerns or need assistance, please e-mail us at [email protected] Thanks for your cooperation!
Spanning approximately four city blocks, 12th & Midtown is a more than 3-million-square-foot master-planned mixed-use development featuring Class A office towers, luxury hotels, premium residences and flagship retail. With this development, the team (Daniel Corp, Selig Enterprises, MetLife, Northwestern Mutual and Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds) is the largest single contributor to Atlanta’s Midtown Mile, an initiative to transform Peachtree Street into an urban shopping corridor akin to the much heralded Magnificent Mile in Chicago.
The Armory is an exhibit/ presentation that takes place once a year at DragonCon in Atlanta. It consists of a museum-quality display of military weapons and equipment paired with panel discussions about their science and history. The display is curated by noted military historian Kevin Dockery and includes pieces from stone knives to nuclear weapons (inert of course), This track was created to educate, inform and entertain. The only items ever sold at The Armory are books and posters.
These are the types of items seen only in museums or by those using them in the field. This is a rare opportunity to see these items up close and ...very personal. Do not miss out!
The Capital City Club is a private social club located in Atlanta, Georgia. Chartered on May 21, 1883, it is one of the oldest private clubs in the South.HistoryAccording to its charter, the purpose of the club is "to promote the pleasure, kind feeling and general culture of its members." Harry C. Stockdell was the club's first president. He was succeeded in 1884 by Robert J. Lowry; and in 1885 Livingston Mims began the longest term as president, serving, with a two-year interruption, from 1886 through 1906. Subsequent presidents have all served two years or less.The first club house was located at 43 Walton Street. In August 1884, the club moved to a new establishment at 114 Peachtree Street. The Club presently operates three facilities for the use of its members, the oldest of which, the downtown Atlanta club building on John Portman Blvd., was dedicated on December 16, 1911. Herbert Barker was the original architect of the golf course, which was completed in 1911. The Capital City Country Club, located in Brookhaven, was leased in 1913 and purchased in 1915. At that time the golf course was increased from nine to eighteen holes. The present country club building was erected in 1928. In the autumn of 2002 an additional club facility, the Crabapple Golf Club, was completed on 600acre in the northern portion of Fulton County, Georgia.
AmericasMart Atlanta is located in Atlanta, Georgia and is one of the world's largest permanent wholesale trade centers. AmericasMart Atlanta consists of four buildings totaling seven million square feet. The Mart opened in 1957 and hosts several trade shows every year including Market Wednesday, Atlanta Apparel, Atlanta Spring Immediate Delivery, and The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market. Trade show exhibitors rent permanent showrooms as well as temporary booths during trade shows. Some permanent showrooms are open daily, though many are open only part of the time or during trade shows. AmericasMart Atlanta is not open to the public and only employees and guests of registered businesses are admitted.StructureAmerica’s Mart Atlanta consists of four buildings, Building One, Building Two, Building Two WestWing, and Building Three. The Mart’s main address is 240 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 2200, which is where the first building is located. Buildings Two and Three are located on Spring Street and Building Two WestWing is located on Williams Street. 24 pedestrian bridges connect the different buildings of the Mart for indoor access between buildings.HistoryA local architect of Atlanta, John C. Portman, designed the Atlanta Mart. The Mart opened in 1957, and Portman has held many positions of leadership since the founding. These include chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and a director. John Portman’s son, Jeffery Portman serves as the President of AMC, Inc., since 1994. AMC is the trading organization which is the parent company of AmericasMart Atlanta. In 1996 Jeffery Portman renamed the trading center AmericasMart, as before it was known as the Atlanta Market Center. He has worked to expand the Mart since his presidency, and is responsible for the Building Two WestWing, which opened in 2009 and is the newest addition.
We are open every single day of the year, unless there are weather or general maintenance issues. Please be sure to check our Facebook page for day-to-day updates on our regular hours.
Adult - $13.89+tax
Senior - $12.50+tax
Military - $12.50+tax
Child - $9.26+tax
(Each Gondola must have an Adult riding with the children)
Payment Methods: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit or debit cards.
For more information visit our website at www.SkyViewAtlanta.com
For group or event sales please contact [email protected]
Follow on Instagram @skyviewatl and Twitter @SkyViewAtlanta.
SkyView Atlanta is a 200-foot tall Ferris wheel in the southern end of Centennial Olympic Park. It is located next to The Tabernacle and within walking distance from World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, National Civil and Human Rights Museum, College Football Hall of Fame, CNN Center, Phillips Arena, The Georgia Dome, and the Georgia World Congress Center.
Nine stories tall, its 21 units have been updated as boutique loft style condos. Windows span from floor to ceiling, some 15 ft tall.
Inside, you'll find restaurant quality kitchens, wood floors, and open floor plans.
The building is nestled in the center of what has become a small theater district where the corner is shared by a Federal courthouse and s popular pizza shop.
Georgia-Pacific Tower est un gratte-ciel situé à Atlanta (Géorgie, États-Unis), dont la construction s'est achevée en 1982.Il est le sixième plus haut gratte-ciel de la ville d'Atlanta. L'immeuble mesure 212 mètres et possède 52 étages.L'immeuble fut dessinée par la firme d'architecte Skidmore, Owings and Merrill.Le siège social de la société Georgia-Pacific est situé dans ce bâtiment.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des gratte-ciel de l'agglomération d'AtlantaLiens externes Georgia-Pacific Tower sur Skycraperpage Georgia-Pacific Tower sur Emporis