1001 Woodward is an office building in Downtown Detroit, Michigan. It replaced the Majestic Building, a 14-story high rise on the same site. The building is located just south of the neighboring David Stott Building, at the corner of Woodward Avenue and Michigan Avenue overlooking Campus Martius Park. Constructed from 1963 to 1965, the 25-story building is designed in the International Style. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.HistoryThe building occupies the site of the Majestic Building, which was demolished in 1962 to make way for 1001 Woodward. It was constructed between 1963 and 1965 to house headquarters for First Federal Savings and Loan of Detroit, and was known as the First Federal Building. By January 1998, the Savings and Loan was part of Charter One Financial and the parent company sought to sell the structure and lease a portion back. In December of that year, it was purchased by a partnership of The Carpenters Pension Trust Fund-Detroit & Vicinity and the Operating Engineers Local 324 Pension Fund for $6.5 million. As part of the sale, Charter One leased the ground floor, two office floors and the basement. The Michigan Court of Appeals occupied two floors under a lease which ended in 2001. The court relocated to Cadillac Place with several other State of Michigan offices.