Hi, we are Tiny Adventurers Childcare, a small in-home daycare in Ballwin. I'm Missy, a wife and mother to a 5 month son. My background is in nannying and I am partnering up with my close friend, Kirsten. She also has been a nanny for years and we are so excited to be on this journey creating an open environment for children to blossom and grow.
We have a child led philosophy. We truly enjoy providing them the tools to create their own special adventures! That means that we set everything up for them so that the children can pursue their interests in depth. We believe in listening to children and basing care off their needs. We will always respect your child's thoughts, feelings, and independence, and we will help them learn to do the same for others. We will find out your child's ideas and interests and help them build adventures around them! Whether that means creating friends by making a stuffed animal, discovering science by constructing a volcano, or becoming a nature explorer by climbing trees and rocks, we are here to make that happen in a fun and safe way!
We believe in creating opportunities for learning and then letting the children explore. There is nothing more magical than watching a child exploring an environment and seeing the gears turn as they figure something out and learn something new, all for themselves!
We have an outdoor sensory table and a "Idea Box" full of ideas of awesome crazy stuff to fill it up with! I love to see kids being kids. We will fill it up with cornstarch "goop" and let them dig their hands through it to their little heart's desire! Or make stomp paintings with their feet on big posters in the grass! Or make a tinfoil river through the yard and run the hose through, making leaf boats and racing them. Or any idea we can come up with, as long as it's safe, we will try it together. Then we will help them clean up and send them home happy and tired :)
We also love reading here. It is hard work to be a kid! Reading provides a welcome rest after running around, getting messy and laughing. We are always expanding our library of books on all levels of reading. We will do story time, reading together and quiet reading time. Reading is always awesome!
We always adhere to all requirements of the state. We like to keep the number of children with us as low as we can so that we can offer a higher quality care. It's much more fun this way anyway!
We are happy to work with your child on abc's, shapes and colors, potty training, reading, social skills, or anything they are working on at home.
We are a smoke free home with no cats or dogs. We choose natural, healthier alternatives in our household. We are breastfeeding and formula, cloth diaper and disposable friendly.
We are flexible. Give us a call, text or shoot us an email! We want to show you around. We can't wait to meet your child!
• Students can arrive starting at 6:30am. Nobody will be admitted into the building before 6:30.
• Students are encouraged to play games with their friends, read, color pictures, work with legos/manipulative toys, play on the computer, do homework, and other fun activities. This is a time for the children to relax and ease into the school day.
• Breakfast is served at 7:45am. Breakfast is not included in the cost of our program, but will come out of your child’s account just like lunch. If you receive free breakfast, it will be available as always.
• Children are released to their classrooms at 7:50am. If your child is new at Mesnier, don’t worry—there will be lots of teachers to help them get to their classroom!
• Students go directly to after care when they are released for the school day at 2:55pm. Once in our program, attendance is taken.
• If your child’s schedule changes for any reason, please let the school office know. It is advisable to send a note to the teacher so they are also aware. If a child does not show up, we call the office as soon as possible, to make sure they are where they need to be.
• Activities in after care may include homework, art, block building, coloring/crafts, reading, and dramatic play. We spend as much time outside as possible on nice days. We go outdoors daily (weather permitting).
• Home Toy Days are Fridays. No toys from home should be brought to school any other day. PLEASE NOTE: NO ELECTRONICS This includes: ipod/iphone/ipads, leapfrog tablets, leaptops, personal dvd players, mp3 players, handheld video game devices, and RC cars. Rainbow Looms, and Bey blades are also not permitted.
RULES AND SAFETY
• All district discipline guidelines are enforced during our program hours. Please familiarize yourself with those guidelines.
• We have our own “write-up” forms for after school care. These are used to document serious offences and the disciplinary consequences that follow. The Principal, the Lead Facilitator, and the Parent each get a copy when a write-up is issued.
• Nurse Karen Laubert is on staff ready to assist your child with any medical needs. The nurse is able to administer student medication and attend to any injuries as they occur. The administering of medication will follow district policy guidelines.
(Please note when the Affton School District closes for a snow day, or releases early due to snow, our program is NOT in session. We close with the rest of the district on Snow Days. Please make sure you have other arrangements in place.)
Program ends on the last day of school.
Special days require extra payment and a reservation. Early Release is included in tuition.
Field trips and activities will be scheduled for each Special Day. These will be announced about a month prior to the date. A reservation coupon will also be released at the same time. Reservations must be made for Special Days—we do not accept walk-ins.
WHO DO I ASK….?
…about my bill payments, special days, or about changing my child’s schedule?
• Melissa Eckhard, [email protected] 314-633-5920
…about staff or disciplinary issues, program questions/concerns, or calendar questions?
• Nicole Seckel, [email protected] 314-951-4945
…about my child’s medicine, allergies, inhaler, or injury?
• Nurse Karen Laubert, [email protected]
…my child is skipping after care today and taking the bus/or getting picked up instead?
• Call the Mesnier office. Send a note to the teacher. Send Libby an email.
…about board policies, district policies?
• Dr. Travis Bracht, Asst. Superintendent of Affton [email protected]
We support small businesses with the products and services they need. We’re locally owned too. And while we know you love being on your own, with us, you’re not alone.
Full-service packing, shipping through UPS and other carriers, freight shipping for larger items, mailbox services (mail receiving/forwarding), black-and-white and color printing, laminating, binding, Collating, faxing, office/packing supplies, and notary services.
Walgreen Co. is the leading U.S. drugstore chain. We want to be the nation's most convenient healthcare provider across our 7,500+ stores. Make sure to download our award winning mobile app and refill prescriptions by scan in under 20 seconds.