135 N Grand Ave Los Angeles, CA 90012 (213) 972-7211
The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion is one of the halls in the Los Angeles Music Center (which is one of the three largest performing arts centers in the United States). The Music Center's other halls include the Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson Theatre, and Walt Disney Concert Hall.The Pavilion has 3,156 seats spread over four tiers, with chandeliers, wide curving stairways and rich décor. The auditorium's sections are the Orchestra (divided in Premiere Orchestra, Center Orchestra, Main Orchestra and Orchestra Ring), Circle (divided in Grand Circle and Founders Circle), Loge (divide in Front Loge and Rear Loge), as well as Balcony (divided in Front Balcony and Rear Balcony).HistoryConstruction started on March 9, 1962, and it was dedicated September 27, 1964. The Pavilion was named for Dorothy Buffum Chandler who “led (the) effort to build a suitable home for the Los Angeles Philharmonic and rejuvenate the performing arts in Los Angeles. The result was Mrs. Chandler’s crowning achievement, the Music Center of Los Angeles County. Her tenacious nine-year campaign on behalf of the Music Center produced more than $19 million in private donations” noted Albert Greenstein in 1999.In order to receive approval for construction from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Mrs. Chandler promised Kenneth Hahn that the building would be open free for the public for one day a year. The result was the Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration, a Christmas Eve tradition sponsored by the Board of Supervisors. The program is broadcast on KCET-TV and an edited version of the prior year's show is syndicated to public television stations via PBS.
Arts and Entertainment Near Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
hotgirl69.xyzDistance: 0.3 miCompetitive Analysis 1769 August Lane, Alexandria Los Angeles, CA 71301
REDCAT is an interdisciplinary contemporary arts center for innovative visual, performing and media arts in downtown Los Angeles, located inside the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex. Opened in November 2003 as the initial professional presenting arm of CalArts, REDCAT has since garnered a reputation for groundbreaking theater and a worldwide arts following as a launching platform for up-and-coming local artists, and for introducing internationally acclaimed productions and exhibitions to L.A. audiences that are often premiering on the West Coast for the first time.Programs Visual Arts: Gallery at REDCAT. Past curators include Eungie Joo, Clara Kim, and Aram Moshayedi, with Ruth Estevez joining as current gallery director since November 2012. Performing Arts: New Original Works Festival, Studio series, Radar L.A. Film/Video: REDCAT International Children's Film Festival Music: CEAIT Festival Conversations CalArts at REDCAT Alpert Awards in the ArtsFacilityThe art center consists of a 3000sqft gallery space with revolving exhibitions, a 200–270-seat flexible black box theater, and a lounge cafe/bar hosting public conversations and a bookstore offering diverse art publications.
Formed in 1925, DCA promotes arts and culture as a way to ignite a powerful dialogue, engage LA’s residents and visitors, and ensure LA’s varied cultures are recognized, acknowledged, and experienced. DCA’s mission is to strengthen the quality of life in Los Angeles by stimulating and supporting arts and cultural activities, ensuring public access to the arts for residents and visitors alike.
DCA advances the social and economic impact of arts and culture through grantmaking, public art, community arts, and strategic marketing and development. DCA creates and supports arts programming, maximizing relationships with other city agencies, artists, and arts and cultural nonprofit organizations to provide excellent service to all residents and visitors in neighborhoods throughout LA.
Grantmaking: DCA allocates over three hundred grants annually in the support of nonprofit arts and cultural organizations and individual artists.
Public Art: DCA is committed to the creation and maintenance of art in the public realm and supports artists and cultural projects through four distinct arts programs.
Community Arts: DCA provides quality and affordable arts education for all ages through strategically located arts and cultural centers and landmarks throughout the City.
Marketing and Development: DCA’s Marketing and Development Division works with local, state, national, and international arts organizations to increase engagement and accessibility throughout LA’s communities.
Schneider Cinema® is a production company based in Los Angeles established by Hollywood professionals with the mission to acquire stories and projects that can be developed for Cinema in order to empower, encourage and elevate people. In a world surrounded by so much tragedy and discouragement we work as a lighthouse to give a new perspective to those who are looking for hope and inspiration.
We believe the Art of Filmmaking should always be used to Entertain, Educate and Elevate people, if not, this tool is useless as the great director Frank Capra once said. Being able to influence people positively through what we do with uniqueness and excellence is what we aspire the most with the commitment of talent professionals from Hollywood.
º Film Projects (Feature & Short)
º Film Documentary
º Music Video
º Commercial Production
º Institutional Production
º Production Consulting
º Lecture & WorkShop
A Schneider Cinema® é uma produtora com sede em Los Angeles estabelecida por profissionais de Hollywood com a missão de buscar histórias e projetos que possam ser desenvolvidos para Cinema, a fim de capacitar, motivar e elevar as pessoas. Em um mundo rodeado por tanta tragédia e desabores nós trabalhamos como um farol afim de proporcionar uma nova perspectiva para aqueles que estão em busca de esperança e inspiração.
Acreditamos que a arte do cinema deve ser sempre utilizada para entreter, educar e elevar as pessoas, se não, esta ferramenta é inútil como o grande diretor Frank Capra certa vez disse. Ser capaz de influenciar positivamente as pessoas através do que fazemos com singularidade e excelência é a nossa maior aspiração com o comprometimento de talentosos profissionais de Hollywood.
Especialidades de Produção:
º Projeto Cinematográico (Longa Metragem & Curta)
º Filme Documentário
º Video Clipe Musical
º Produção Comercial
º Produção Institucional
º Consultoria de Produção
º Desenvolvimento de Marca
º Palestras e WorkShop Sobre Produção
The Walt Disney Concert Hall at 111 South Grand Avenue in Downtown of Los Angeles, California, is the fourth hall of the Los Angeles Music Center and was designed by Frank Gehry. It opened on October 24, 2003. Bounded by Hope Street, Grand Avenue, and 1st and 2nd Streets, it seats 2,265 people and serves, among other purposes, as the home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra and the Los Angeles Master Chorale. The hall is in a vineyard seating configuration, similar to the Berliner Philharmonie by Hans Scharoun.Lillian Disney made an initial gift of $50 million in 1987 to build a performance venue as a gift to the people of Los Angeles and a tribute to Walt Disney's devotion to the arts and to the city. The Frank Gehry-designed building opened on October 24, 2003. Both Gehry's architecture and the acoustics of the concert hall, designed by Yasuhisa Toyota, have been praised, in contrast to its predecessor, the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
Civic Center/Grand Park, formerly Civic Center, is a heavy-rail subway station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located on Hill Street between 1st and Temple Streets in the Civic Center area of Downtown Los Angeles. The station is officially named Civic Center/Grand Park/Tom Bradley after former Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley, who had a pivotal role in turning the subway into reality.This station is served by the Red Line and the Purple Line. It is also served by the Metro Silver Line (BRT) at street level.Metro Rail service & Metro Liner serviceRed and Purple Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.Silver Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 1:00 AM daily.Station layoutThe station features a colorful art installation titled I Dreamed I Could Fly, which has six fiberglass persons in flight, intended to be representative of the human spiritual voyage. The installation was designed by Jonathan Borofsky.AttractionsAhmanson Theatre/Mark Taper ForumCathedral of Our Lady of the AngelsDorothy Chandler PavilionLos Angeles City HallGrand ParkWalt Disney Concert HallThe BroadLittle TokyoMuseum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)New Otani Hotel and Garden
Wells Fargo Center – kompleks wieżowców biurowych w Los Angeles (Kalifornia). Zespół składa się z dwóch budowli, Wells Fargo Tower i KPMG Tower, połączonych ze sobą szklanym atrium.Wells Fargo Tower (220,4 m) jest wyższym z wieżowców, liczy 52 piętra. Budowla została ukończona w 1982 r.KPMG Tower (170,7 m), został ukończony w 1983 r. i liczy 45 pięter.Zobacz też lista najwyższych budynków w Los Angeles lista najwyższych budynków w Stanach ZjednoczonychLinki zewnętrzne http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=2819 - Strona o Wells Fargo Center http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=3418 - Strona o KPMG Tower
One California Plaza Distance: 0.3 miCompetitive Analysis 300 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90071
One California Plaza – wieżowiec w centrum Los Angeles (Kalifornia). Wchodzi on w skład kompleksu California Plaza (pozostałe części to wieżowiec Two California Plaza i Hotel Omni). Budynek wzniesiono w latach 1983-1985 i pełni on funkcję biurowca. Wieżowiec posiada 42 piętra i wznosi się na wysokość 176,2 m.Zobacz też lista najwyższych budynków w Los Angeles lista najwyższych budynków w Stanach ZjednoczonychLinki zewnętrzne Strona o wieżowcu na skyscraperpage.com
Los Angeles City Hall, completed 1928, is the center of the government of the city of Los Angeles, California, and houses the mayor's office and the meeting chambers and offices of the Los Angeles City Council. It is located in the Civic Center district of downtown Los Angeles in the city block bounded by Main, Temple, First, and Spring streets.HistoryThe building was designed by John Parkinson, John C. Austin, and Albert C. Martin, Sr., and was completed in 1928. Dedication ceremonies were held on April 26, 1928. It has 32 floors and, at 454ft high, is the tallest base-isolated structure in the world, having undergone a seismic retrofit from 1998 to 2001 so that the building will sustain minimal damage and remain functional after a magnitude 8.2 earthquake. The concrete in its tower was made with sand from each of California's 58 counties and water from its 21 historical missions. City Hall's distinctive tower was based on the shape of the Mausoleum of Mausolus, and shows the influence of the Los Angeles Public Library, completed soon before the structure was started. An image of City Hall has been on Los Angeles Police Department badges since 1940.
The United States Court House in Downtown Los Angeles is a Moderne style building that originally served as both a post office and a courthouse. The building was designed by Gilbert Stanley Underwood and Louis A. Simon, and construction was completed in 1940.The United States Court House initially housed court facilities for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, until the District was redrawn in 1966. It thereafter functioned as a court house with judges from the United States District Court for the Central District of California. There is another federal court house in the Roybal Building in Downtown Los Angeles. In February 2006, the U.S. Court House and Post Office was added to the National Register of Historic Places.Building historyBuilt between 1937 and 1940 by the Federal Public Works Administration, it was the third federal building constructed in Los Angeles. The first, constructed between 1889 and 1892, housed the post office, U.S. District Court, and various federal agencies, but it soon proved inadequate. A larger structure was built between 1906 and 1910 at the corner of Main and Temple Streets. The population of Los Angeles grew rapidly in the early part of the twentieth century, and a larger building was needed to serve the courts and federal agencies. The second federal building was razed in 1937 by the Works Progress Administration to clear the site for the existing courthouse.
The Cathedral of Saint Vibiana, often called St. Vibiana's, is a former cathedral church building and parish of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Located in Downtown Los Angeles, the building opened in 1876 as the cathedral for what was then known as the Diocese of Monterey-Los Angeles, and remained the official cathedral of the Los Angeles see for over 100 years.The cathedral was heavily damaged during the 1994 Northridge earthquake and became the subject of a lengthy legal battle between the archdiocese, which wanted to demolish the building and build a new cathedral on the site, and preservationists, who wanted the building to remain standing due to its historical significance. In 1996, the parties involved reached a compromise in which the archdiocese would purchase a nearby site on which to build a new cathedral, and in turn would turn over the St. Vibiana site to the City of Los Angeles. The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels was dedicated in 2002 as the successor to St. Vibiana's Cathedral.In the late 2000s, the former cathedral building became an event venue called Vibiana. The Little Tokyo branch of the Los Angeles Public Library is also located on the site. The 1885 cathedral structure is one of the last remaining buildings from the early period of Los Angeles history.
The Smell is an all-ages, alcohol and drug-free, punk rock/noise/experimental venue in Downtown Los Angeles, California. The Smell, notable for its DIY ethic, is home to many of the area's avant-garde performers and artists. The venue is maintained by Jim Smith, one of the four original organizers of the club, and a number of volunteers.The Smell continues in the tradition of Los-Angeles-based underground clubs such as The Masque and Jabberjaw. Aside from its primary function as a live music and performance art space, The Smell hosts a library, a vegan snack bar and a gallery space. The venue predates the conception of the Gallery Row district in which it is located. The Smell and the relatively new Gallery Row both border Skid Row.HistoryThe Smell was founded by Ara Shirinyan, Jarrett Silberman, and Jim Smith as one of the few all-ages art/performance spaces in Los Angeles, after the demise of two local venues, Jabberjaw and the Impala Cafe, during the same week in late 1997. The Smell opened just a short time later, on January 8, 1998. It was originally located by the intersection of Magnolia and Lankershim in North Hollywood, but when the cost of rent rose during the NoHo Arts District boom in 1999, the venue relocated to cheaper Downtown Los Angeles. Shirinyan gave up his ownership before the venue's move, so Silberman, Smith, and Mac Mann constructed the new space.
US Bank Tower, formerly Library Tower and First Interstate Bank World Center, is a 1018ft skyscraper at 633 West Fifth Street in downtown Los Angeles, California. It is the tallest building in California, the fourteenth tallest in the United States, the second tallest west of the Mississippi River, and the 92nd tallest building in the world. Because local building codes required all high-rise buildings to have a helipad, it was known as the tallest building in the world with a roof-top heliport from its completion in 1989 to 2004 when Taipei 101 opened. It is also the third tallest building in a major active seismic region; its structure was designed to resist an earthquake of 8.3 on the Richter scale. It consists of 73 stories above ground and two parking levels below ground. Construction began in 1987 with completion in 1989. The building was designed by Henry N. Cobb of the architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners and cost $350 million to build. It is one of the most recognizable buildings in Los Angeles, often used in establishing shots for the city in films and television programs.
An iconic skyscraper in the Los Angeles skyline, the US Bank Tower stands as the tallest building west of the Mississippi River at 1,018 feet. We are home to local and global businesses, as well as the highly anticipated OUE Skyspace LA, coming in 2016.
The all-new OUE Skyspace LA is California’s tallest open-air observation deck and the premiere destination for panoramic, 360-degree views of Los Angeles.
Individual adult admission is priced at $25, and can be purchased at https://www.skyspace-la.com/tickets/.
La Iglesia de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles,, is a historic Roman Catholic church in El Pueblo de los Ángeles Historical Monument in northern downtown Los Angeles, California, United States. The church was founded by the Spanish in the early 19th century when modern-day California was under Spanish rule and known as Alta California in the Viceroyalty of New Spain.HistoryLa Iglesia de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles was founded on August 18, 1814, by Franciscan Fray Luis Gil y Taboada. He placed the cornerstone for the new church in the adobe ruins of the original "sub-station mission" here, the Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles Asistencia, thirty years after it was established to serve the settlement founding Los Angeles Pobladores . The completed new structure was dedicated on December 8, 1822. A replacement chapel, named La Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles - for Mary, mother of Jesus or "The Church of Our Lady of the Angels" - was rebuilt using materials of the original church in 1861. The title Reina, meaning "Queen," was added later to the name. For years, the little chapel, which collected the nicknames "La Placita" and "Plaza Church," served as the sole Roman Catholic church in emerging immigrant Los Angeles.
The Avila Adobe was built in 1818 by Francisco Avila and has the distinction of being the oldest standing residence in Los Angeles, California. It is located in the paseo of historical Olvera Street, a part of Los Angeles Plaza Historic District, a California State Historic Park. The building itself is registered as California Historical Landmark #145, while the entire historic district is both listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument.The Plaza is the third location of the original Spanish settlement El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula, the first two having been washed out by flooding from the swollen Río Porciúncula (Los Angeles River). The Avila Adobe was one of the settlement's first houses to share street frontage in the Pueblo de Los Angeles of Spanish colonial Alta California.The walls of the Avila Adobe are 2.5- thick and are built from sun-baked adobe bricks. The original ceilings were 15ft high and supported by beams of cottonwood, which was available along the banks of the Los Angeles River. Though the roof appears slanted today, the original roof was flat. Tar (Spanish: brea) was brought up from the La Brea Tar Pits, located near the north boundary line of Avila's Rancho Las Cienegas. The tar was mixed with rocks and horsehair, a common binder in exterior building material, and applied to beams of the roof as a sealant from inclement weather.
Thien Hau Temple, also known as Chùa Bà Thiên Hậu in Vietnamese and as Tiān Hòu Gōng (天后宫) in Chinese, is a folk religious temple in Los Angeles Chinatown. It is one of the more popular areas for worship and tourism among Asian residents in the Los Angeles area.The temple is dedicated to Mazu, the goddess of the sea and patron saint to sailors, fishermen, and those whose cultures are associated with the sea, along with Guan Yu, the god of wars, brotherhood, and righteousness, and Fu De, the earth god.HistoryThe temple is affiliated with the Camau Association of America, a local benevolent, cultural and religious association primarily serving the local Chinese-Vietnamese refugees from Cà Mau Province, Vietnam. The group also supports Chinese, Vietnamese, Teochew and Thai Chinese communities.The original building of the temple was a former Italian Christian church located within what was formerly Little Italy; the building was purchased in the 1980s. Under a strong faith-based community in and outside of Chinatown, the temple was able to raise a great deal of donated money with which to build a larger temple hall. Construction of the new temple was completed and dedicated on September 2005. A new ancestral memorial hall was consecrated the following month.
The Metropolitan Detention Center, Los Angeles is a United States federal prison in downtown Los Angeles, California which holds male and female inmates prior to and during court proceedings, as well an inmates serving short sentences. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice.HistoryThe 272000sqft prison opened in December 1988 with a cost of $36 million, making Los Angeles the fifth U.S. city with a downtown federal prison. MDC Los Angeles had a distinct design, referring to housing areas as rooms rather than cells and not using iron bars on its cell doors. It had a special design using plate glass windows, balconies, and atriums. Kim Murphy of the Los Angeles Times wrote that the building has "more the look of a downtown office building than a prison." It was the first BOP prison to completely ban smoking.Prior to the opening of MDC Los Angeles, Federal Correctional Institution, Terminal Island housed the Los Angeles area pretrial inmates. This situation caused overcrowding at FCI Terminal Island.The opening of MDC Los Angeles allowed prisoners whose trials are pending to be housed just two blocks from the U.S. District Courthouse, ending the time-consuming process of transporting them back and forth down the Harbor Freeway each day court is in session. The U.S. Marshal's Service saves at least $200,000 a year by not having to transport the usual 250 to 300 prisoners a week from FCI Terminal Island and the federal public defender's office saves $18,000 a year in telephone bills alone because it no longer has to rely on clients calling person-to-person collect from FCI Terminal Island.
Koyasan Beikoku Betsuin, also known as Koyasan Buddhist Temple, is a Japanese Buddhist temple located in Los Angeles, California, USA, in Little Tokyo. Founded in 1912, it is one of the oldest existing Buddhist temples in the North American mainland region. The temple is a branch of the Koyasan Shingon Buddhism sect, and is the North and South American regional headquarters for this sect.HistoryThe temple was founded by the Reverend Shutai Aoyama, a native of Toyama Prefecture, who was sent by the Koyasan headquarters to establish a global link in Shingon Buddhism in America. Initially facing personal hardship in establishing a temple in his inaugural arrival, he founded the temple in 1912 with the assistance of Issei and Nisei temple members, and established its first location in a storefront in 1912 near Elysian Park. In 1920, the temple was moved to a larger building Central Avenue. A tree was planted in front of the new building by Koyasan Temple members to commemorate the move. Today it is known as the Aoyama Tree, a notable landmark in Little Tokyo, and the Japanese American National Museum stands where Koyasan's second location once stood. The Aoyama Tree was given historical status by the Los Angeles City Council in 2008.The third and current building located on East 1st Street was built in 1940. One year after its establishment, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, sparking the United States' involvement in World War II. The new temple was closed while its members were forcibly relocated in the various internment camps. During the time period of World War II, the temple was mostly used for storage space for internees. The temple was re-opened in 1946; from that point on, the temple had to rebuild its congregational base after families and residents of Little Tokyo were scattered outside Los Angeles.