The Moolah Cinema and Lounge is a historic building located at 3821 Lindell, in St. Louis, Missouri. It was built in 1912 for use as a meeting place, and is "a brick and tile building in the Moorish style.It was built by the Moolah Shriners as the 28th Shrine Temple to be chartered. Moolah Temple as a name also refers to the organization, which met in the late 19th century at various Freemasons buildings. In 1912 the organization took steps towards forming its own building. The Lindell Boulevard location was chosen and Ernest Helfensteller, Jr., of Helfensteller, Hirsch and Watson, was chosen as architect. The building was used by the Moolah Temple until 1988, when it relocated to a renovated junior high school on Fee Fee Road. The building is now a movie theater, after a $17.2 million renovation in 2004, and 40 apartments.It is a contributing building in St. Louis's Midtown Historic District, listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places . The district's NRHP nomination describes the building's architecture as "colorful".The building faces on Kenrick Garden, a city park established in 1896.
Thank you for your interest in the Moolah Lanes - St. Louis' newest and most exciting entertainment venue. We are proud to inaugurate one of the two remaining original bowling alleys in St. Louis. Also, have your private party or corporate event at the most glamorous entertainment venue in St. Louis. Come and have fun with us!
Cupples House is a historic mansion in St. Louis, Missouri, constructed from 1888 to 1890 by Samuel Cupples, a wealthy businessman. It is now a museum on the campus of Saint Louis University. The house is designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque architectural style.
St. Francis Xavier College Church Distance: 0.4 miCompetitive Analysis 3628 Lindell Blvd St. Louis, MO 63108
St. Francis Xavier College Church is a Catholic church in the Midtown neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri, United States. The church was founded by the Society of Jesus and serves as a parish church in the Archdiocese of St. Louis and for the Saint Louis University community. It is a contributing property in the Midtown Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places and it is listed as a City Landmark in St. Louis.HistoryThe parish was established in 1836 when St. Louis Bishop Joseph Rosati, C.M. permitted the Jesuits to establish a parish at their college. It was St. Louis' first English-speaking parish. The congregation initially met in the college's student chapel, which was dedicated to St. Aloysius Gonzaga. The chapel was located on Washington Avenue between Ninth and Tenth Streets. As the parish grew plans for its own building were begun. The cornerstone for the first church was laid on April 12, 1840 by Bishop Rosati. It was located at the intersection of Ninth Street and Christy (Lucas) Avenue. While from its beginning the church was dedicated to St. Francis Xavier it has always been popularly called the College Church.
The Fox Theatre, a former movie palace, is a performing arts center located at 527 N. Grand Blvd. in St. Louis, Missouri. Also known as "The Fabulous Fox", it is situated in the arts district of the Grand Center area in Midtown St. Louis, one block north of Saint Louis University. It opened in 1929 and was completely restored in 1982.HistoryThe Fox was built in 1929 by movie pioneer William Fox as a showcase for the films of the Fox Film Corporation and elaborate stage shows. It was one of a group of five spectacular Fox Theatres built by Fox in the late 1920s. (The others were the Fox Theatres in Brooklyn, Atlanta, Detroit, and San Francisco.)When the theater opened on January 31, 1929, it was reportedly the second-largest theater in the United States, with 5,060 seats. It was one of St. Louis's leading movie theaters through the 1960s and has survived to become a versatile performing arts venue.The Fox was designed by an architect specializing in theaters, C. Howard Crane, in an eclectic blend of Asian decorative motifs sometimes called Siamese Byzantine. The interior is the architectural twin of another Fox Theatre built in Detroit in 1928. Reporters in 1929 described the Fox Theatres in St. Louis and Detroit as "awe-inspiringly fashioned after Hindoo (sic) Mosques of Old India, bewildering in their richness and dazzling in their appointments... striking a note that reverberates around the architectural and theatrical worlds." William Fox nicknamed the style the "Eve Leo Style" in tribute to his wife, who decorated the interior with furnishings, paintings and sculpture she had bought on her trips overseas.
Save The Palladium Building at Grand Center Distance: 0.5 miCompetitive Analysis 3618 Enright Ave St. Louis, MO 63108
Butler House (St. Louis, Missouri) Distance: 1.0 miCompetitive Analysis 4484 W Pine Blvd St. Louis, MO 63108
The Buter House is a turreted, brick house built in 1892 for prominent St. Louis tobacco manufacturer James Gay Butler. It was designed in the Queen Anne style by Albert Knell, a Canadian architect.James Gay ButerJames Gay Butler was an American tobacco executive. He was a major supporter of Lindenwood University. Butler is buried at Bellefontaine Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri.