The Thomas F. Eagleton United States Courthouse is the largest single courthouse in the United States. It is the main office of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. It was named after the U.S. Senator Thomas F. Eagleton.The courthouse is 29 stories tall and covers 987775sqft. It is the fifth tallest habitable building in Missouri. It is located in downtown St. Louis at 111 South 10th Street. The exterior of the courthouse follows a classical tripartite scheme, a scheme that uses the split-level stacking concept. Its height is 557ft. The construction of the building was completed in 2000. The architects involved with the building were Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum and EDM Incorporated. The building cost $186,000,000 to build.
The MacArthur Bridge over the Mississippi River between St. Louis, Missouri and East St. Louis, Illinois is a 647-foot (197 m) long truss bridge. Construction on the bridge was begun in 1909 by the city of St. Louis to break the Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis's monopoly on the area's railroad traffic. Money ran out before the bridge approaches could be finished, however, and the bridge did not open until 1917, and then only to automobile traffic. Railroad traffic would not use the bridge's lower deck until 1928.The bridge was initially called the "St. Louis Municipal Bridge" and known popularly as the "Free Bridge." Tolls were added for auto traffic beginning in 1932. In 1942 the bridge was renamed for Douglas MacArthur.The MacArthur Bridge was one of several bridges in St. Louis which carried U.S. Highway 66 until the completion of the nearby Poplar Street Bridge. At one time U.S. Highway 460 crossed the bridge, terminating on the west side of the bridge. In 1981 the bridge was closed to vehicles because of pavement deterioration and the eastern ramp approaches were torn out. The bridge is now in use only by railroads. The disused vehicle deck has been removed.By 2007 only about 30% of the total deck reserved for automobile use had been removed. Most of the removed sections were on the East St. Louis side. The western ramp was relinquished to Ralston Purina and turned into a parking lot. In 2013 the TRRA began removing all of the auto deck over the river. By late 2014, the vehicle deck on the bridge proper had been removed, and work was progressing onto the western approach.
St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE), in coordination with the Missouri State Department of Economic Development (DED), Division of Workforce Development (DWD), the City of St. Louis Mayor's office and a number of partners, operates SLATE Missouri Career Centers, which connect employers to a skilled workforce and provide training and placement services to the City's adult workforce.
The Orpheum Theater in St. Louis, Missouri is a Beaux-Arts style theater, built in 1917. It was constructed by local self-made millionaire Louis A. Cella and designed by architect Albert Lansburgh. The $500,000 theater opened on Labor Day, 1917, as a vaudeville house. As vaudeville declined, it was sold to Warner Brothers in 1930, and served as a movie theater until it closed in the 1960s.It was restored as the American Theater in the 1980s and was listed under that name on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. It was later sold to local businessmen Michael and Steve Roberts, who renamed it the Roberts Orpheum Theater. The Roberts brothers sold the theater in 2012, and it closed. The Chicago developer, UrbanStreet Group, plans to restore the theater.
St. Louis BBB is a nonprofit organization. We take consumer complaints about businesses and help resolve them. BBB also provides seminars, newsletters and other benefits to our members, called Accredited Businesses. We also provide information for charities and accredit charities who meet our 20 standards for charity accountability.
The Railway Exchange Building is a 84.4m, 21-story high-rise office building in St. Louis, Missouri. The 1914 steel-frame building is in the Chicago school architectural style, and was designed by architect Mauran, Russell & Crowell. The building was the city's tallest when it opened, and remains the second-largest building in downtown St. Louis by interior area, with almost 1200000ft2 of space.The building was long home to the flagship store of the Famous-Barr chain of department stores — and the headquarters of its parent company May Department Stores — until the brand was bought by Macy's; the store was converted to a Macy's in 2006. Macy's decided to sell the building in 2008 and finally closed the store in 2013.
Budget Car and Truck Rental St. Louis operates one of the best-known car rental brands and leading truck rental companies in the US and CA, serving the consumer and light commercial sectors. Key Drop-Off available at this location.
Busch Stadium, also referred to informally as "New Busch Stadium" or "Busch Stadium III", is a baseball park located in St. Louis, Missouri, and the home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the city's Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise. The stadium has a seating capacity of 43,975, and contains 3,706 club seats and 61 luxury suites. It replaced Busch Memorial Stadium (aka Busch Stadium II) and occupies a portion of that stadium's former footprint. A commercial area, dubbed Ballpark Village, was built adjacent to the stadium over the remainder of the former stadium's footprint.The stadium opened on April 4, 2006 with an exhibition between the minor league Memphis Redbirds and Springfield Cardinals, both affiliates of the St. Louis Cardinals, which Springfield won 5-3 with right-hander Mike Parisi recording the first win. The first official major league game occurred on April 10, 2006 as the Cardinals defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 6 - 4 behind an Albert Pujols home run and winning pitcher Mark Mulder.The highest attendance for a sports event was on May 23, 2013, when 48,263 people watched Chelsea Football Club and Manchester City Football Club play a friendly match.