532 S Olive St Los Angeles, CA 90013 (213) 473-5556
Pershing Square is a public park in downtown Los Angeles, California, one square block in size, bounded by 5th Street to the north, 6th Street to the south, Hill Street to the east, and Olive Street to the west. It lies atop a large underground parking garage.History19th centuryIn the 1850s, the location was used as a camp by settlers from outside the Pueblo de Los Angeles, which lay to the northeast around the Our Lady Queen of the Angels' church, the Los Angeles Plaza, and present-day Olvera Street. Surveyors drew the site as 10 individual plots of land, but in practicality it was a single 5acre parcel. Canals distributing water from the Zanja Madre were adjacent. In 1866 the site was dedicated as a public square by Mayor Cristobal Aguilar; it was called La Plaza Abaja, or "The Lower Plaza." At some point the owner of a nearby beergarden, German immigrant George "Roundhouse" Lehman, planted small native Monterey cypress trees, fruit trees, and flowering shrubs in the park and maintained them until his death in 1882.In 1867, St. Vincent's College, present-day Loyola Marymount University, was situated across the street, and so the park informally became known as St. Vincent's Park. In 1870, it was officially named Los Angeles Park. In 1886 it was renamed 6th Street Park, and it redesigned with an "official park plan" by Frederick Eaton. In the early 1890s it was renamed Central Park. During this period a bandstand pavilion was added for concerts and orators. The plantings became sub-tropically lush, and the park became a shady oasis and an outdoor destination. In 1894 the park was used as the staging area for the annual crowning of the queen of 'La Fiesta de Los Angeles.
The Bradbury Building is an architectural landmark located at 304 South Broadway at West 3rd Street in downtown Los Angeles, California. Built in 1893, the building was commissioned by Los Angeles gold-mining millionaire Lewis L. Bradbury and constructed by draftsman George Wyman from the original design by Sumner Hunt. It appears in many works of fiction and has been the site of many movie and television shoots and music videos.The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1977, one of only four office buildings in Los Angeles to be so honored. It was also designated a landmark by the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission and is the city's oldest landmarked building.HistoryLewis L. Bradbury (November 6, 1823 – July 15, 1892) was a gold-mining millionaire - he owned the Tajo mine in Sinaloa, Mexico - who became a real estate developer in the later part of his life. In 1892 he began planning to construct a five-story building at Broadway and Third Street in Los Angeles, close to the Bunker Hill neighborhood. A local architect, Sumner Hunt, was hired to design the building, and turned in a completed design, but Bradbury dismissed Hunt's plans as inadequate to the grand building he wanted. He then hired George Wyman, one of Hunt's draftsmen, to do the design. Bradbury supposedly felt that Wyman understood his own vision of the building better than Hunt did, but there is no concrete evidence that Wyman changed Hunt's design, which has raised some controversy about who should be considered to be the architect of the building.
The Jewelry District in Los Angeles is the largest Jewelry District in the United States. Many Jewelry retailers and wholesale diamond dealers offer and supply many of the jewelry sold at popular department stores here in America and abroad.
The California Club is a private social club established in 1888 in downtown Los Angeles, the second-oldest such club in Southern California. Its building was erected in 1929 and 1930 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.HistoryThe California Club was incorporated on December 24, 1888. The first organizational meeting was held September 24, 1887, "in Justice Austin's courtroom," with N.C. Coleman as chairman and H.T. DeWilson as secretary.The constitution and bylaws of the Union Social Club, of San Francisco, was reported and accepted without any change by the body of gentlemen assembled. There was considerable discussion on the... name of the club, and... it was decided to call it the California Club, of Los Angeles. The section in the bylaws granting army and navy officers all the privileges of members upon half-rate caused considerable feeling among the members. Four votes were taken on the question, and at last it was decided to allow the bylaws to read as they have for twenty-five years in the Union Club.The club's first location was in the second-floor rooms over the Tally-Ho Stables on the northwest corner of First and Fort (Broadway) streets, where the Los Angeles County Law Library now stands. It moved to the Wilcox Building on the southeast corner of Second and Spring streets in 1895, occupying the two top floors, the fourth and fifth. The building was distinguished as the first in Los Angeles to have two elevators — one for the public and the other for members. The men's dining room, reading room, bar and lounge were on the top floor. On the floor below was the ladies' dining room.
US Bank Tower, formerly Library Tower and First Interstate Bank World Center, is a 1018ft skyscraper at 633 West Fifth Street in downtown Los Angeles, California. It is the tallest building in California, the fourteenth tallest in the United States, the second tallest west of the Mississippi River, and the 92nd tallest building in the world. Because local building codes required all high-rise buildings to have a helipad, it was known as the tallest building in the world with a roof-top heliport from its completion in 1989 to 2004 when Taipei 101 opened. It is also the third tallest building in a major active seismic region; its structure was designed to resist an earthquake of 8.3 on the Richter scale. It consists of 73 stories above ground and two parking levels below ground. Construction began in 1987 with completion in 1989. The building was designed by Henry N. Cobb of the architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners and cost $350 million to build. It is one of the most recognizable buildings in Los Angeles, often used in establishing shots for the city in films and television programs.
The Eastern Columbia Building, also known as the Eastern Columbia Lofts, is a thirteen-story Claud Beelman designed Art Deco building located at 849 S. Broadway in the Broadway Theater District of Downtown Los Angeles. It opened on September 12, 1930 after just nine months of construction. It was built at a cost of $1.25 million as the new headquarters and 39th store for the Eastern Outfitting Company and the Columbia Outfitting Company, furniture and clothing stores founded by Adolph Sieroty and family. At the time of construction, the City of Los Angeles enforced a height limit of 150 feet, however the decorative clock tower was granted an exemption, allowing the clock a total height of 264 feet.The edifice is easily spotted from the Interstate 10 - Santa Monica Freeway, as well as many other sections of downtown, due to its bright "melting turquoise" terra cotta tiles and trademark four-sided clock tower, emblazoned with the word "EASTERN" in bright white neon on each face of the clock.The building is widely considered the greatest surviving example of Art Deco architecture in the city (Jose Huizar) following the 1969 destruction of Richfield Tower. It is one of the city's most photographed structures and a world-renowned Art Deco landmark. It has been characterized as the "benchmark of deco buildings in LA".
One California Plaza is a 176m skyscraper located on the Bunker Hill District district of downtown Los Angeles, California. The tower is part of the California Plaza project, consists of two unique skyscrapers, One California Plaza and Two California Plaza. The Plaza also is home to the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art, Colburn School of Performing Arts, the Los Angeles Omni Hotel and a 1.5acre water court.Completed in 1985, One California Plaza has 991836sqft of office space. The towers were designed by Arthur Erickson Architects and named BOMA Building of the Year in 1989.California Plaza was a ten year, $1.2 billion project. Started in 1983, the Two California Plaza tower was completed in 1992 during a significant slump in the downtown Los Angeles real estate market. The tower opened with only 30 percent of its space leased and overall vacancy rates in downtown office space neared 25 percent. It was nearly 10 years before significant tall buildings were completed again in downtown Los Angeles.California Plaza was originally planned to include 3 high rise tower office buildings instead of the two completed. Three California Plaza at 65 floors, was planned for a site just north of 4th St., directly across Olive St. from California Plaza's first two office highrises and was planned to house the Metropolitan Water District's permanent headquarters.The construction and $23 million cost of the MOCA Grand Avenue building was part of a city-brokered deal with the developer of the California Plaza redevelopment project, Bunker Hill Associates, who received the use of an 11acre, publicly owned parcel of land.
Junipero Serra State BuildingDistance: 0.2 miCompetitive Analysis 320 w 4th St Los Angeles ca Los Angeles, CA 90013
Two California Plaza is a 750ft skyscraper in the Bunker Hill District district of downtown Los Angeles, California. The tower is part of the California Plaza project, consisting of two unique skyscrapers, One California Plaza and Two California Plaza. The Plaza is also home to the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art (MoCA), Colburn School of Performing Arts, the Los Angeles Omni Hotel, and a 1.5acre water court.HistoryCompleted in 1992 by Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction Company, Two California Plaza has 1329000ft2 of office space. The towers were designed by Arthur Erickson Architects and named BOMA Building of the Year in 1997 and 2001.California Plaza was a ten-year, 1.2 billion project. Started in 1983, the Two California Plaza tower was completed in 1992 during a significant slump in the downtown Los Angeles real estate market. The tower opened with only 30 percent of its space leased and overall vacancy rates in downtown office space neared 25 percent. It was nearly 10 years before significant tall buildings were completed again in the downtown Los Angeles.The California Plaza was originally planned to include 3 high rise tower office buildings instead of the two completed. Three California Plaza at 65 floors, was planned for a site just north of 4th St., directly across Olive St. from California Plaza's first two office highrises and was planned to house the Metropolitan Water District's permanent headquarters. The site is currently an entrance to the Pershing Square subway station.
Aon Center is a 62-story, 860ft Modernist office skyscraper at 707 Wilshire Boulevard in downtown Los Angeles, California. Designed by Charles Luckman, site excavation started in late-1970, and the tower was completed in 1973, the rectangular bronze-clad building with white trim is remarkably slender for a skyscraper in a seismically active area. It is the second tallest building in Los Angeles, the second tallest in California, and the 31st tallest in the United States. The logo of the Aon Corporation, its anchor tenant, is displayed at the top in red.HistoryAon Center was originally named the United California Bank Building from its completion in 1973 until 1981, when it became First Interstate Tower. It was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River when built, until 1982 when it was surpassed by the Texas Commerce Tower in Houston. Upon its completion in 1973, the building was the tallest in the world outside of New York and Chicago. It remained the tallest building in Los Angeles until 1989, when Library Tower (now U.S. Bank Tower) was completed. Between 1998 and 2005, there were no logos on the building.
SCAG Vision Statement
An international and regional planning forum trusted for its leadership and inclusiveness in developing plans and policies for a sustainable Southern California.
SCAG Mission Statement
Under the guidance of the Regional Council and in collaboration with our partners, our mission is to facilitate a forum to develop and foster the realization of regional plans that improve the quality of life for Southern Californians.
The landmark Fine Arts Building is located at 811 West 7th Street in Downtown Los Angeles, California. Also known as the Global Marine House, it was declared a historic cultural monument in 1974.ArchitectureThe building was designed by the architects Albert Raymond Walker (1881–1958) and Percy Augustus Eisen (1885–1946) in 1927. It is a compact twelve-storey block on an H-shaped plan with a facing of smooth and squared slabs of light-coloured stone.FaçadeThe first three storeys present a striking façade with a trapezoidal profile. The façade rises the entire height of the building, the side of which on the street is divided into three horizontal registers that echo the classic arrangement of a Renaissance palace in distinct lower, central and upper sections. In the Fine Arts Building as in its ancient Italian models, being closest to the eye of the beholder, the bottom section is the part on which the most sumptuous decoration and precise architectural definition is lavished.The façade's central axis is emphasized by a large entrance portal, with a rounded arch that rises the height of two storeys. This deep, splayed passageway has an arched lintel decorated with plant motifs that introduces serried ranks of arches on either side. They are resting alternately on small columns and pillars variously decorated with fantastic creatures and inlaid geometric patterns. The wall beneath the great arch is densely worked with volutes of acanthus leaves and concatenated circles simulating rope made entirely of terracotta reliefs. The entrance is divided in two by a column of green marble with a capital and decorated entablature on which the two smaller arches rest.
A1 Live Scan & Notary Services offers a complete one stop solution for any of the following services - Fingerprinting, Notary Public & Passport Photo services. Visit our office in Downtown Los Angeles or we can come to your office.
Visit Our 3 New Web Sites!
Follow Us On Twitter!
Follow Us On Yelp!
Look For Us On BBB!
Look For Us On Trust Link!
Look For Us On 1-2-3 Notary!
1800 Loose Diamonds is a family-owned jewelry store located in the heart of the Los Angeles Jewelry District. The company has been in the business for over 20 years and consistently offers the highest quality diamond jewelry and loose diamonds at the most competitive prices.
A staple in the Los Angeles Jewelry District since 1983, Global Rings Jewelry has remained the top name in one of LA’s most vibrant industries. We carry an impressive inventory of fine jewelry, from top designers such as Matthew Ryan, Barkev’s, Caro 74, A.Jaffe, Benchmark, Gabriel & Co., MarizaS Collection, Roro K and Vanila. From elegant bracelets, necklaces and earrings to engagement rings, wedding bands and more, you won’t find a better selection of fine jewelry elsewhere.
In addition to our designer jewelry, we can also create one-of-a-kind special orders to get you the perfect piece. We manufacture nearly everything in-house, so we can duplicate a design you have your heart set on for a fraction of the price. With our wholesale pricing, you’ll be able to get a sparkling masterpiece at a price you can afford. Our jewelry comes with a 30-day guarantee and we have a lifetime warranty on all of our pieces, so you can rest assured your purchase will stand the test of time.
For over 30 years, Designed by Scorpio has created unique, trend setting jewelry designs that have been seen in showrooms around the world. In fact, many nationally recognized engagement and jewelry designer brands got their start buying pieces created by our jewelers.
Over the decades, Hundreds of thousands worldwide have said "I do" with a ring that came out of our Los Angeles studio.
Krizanti represents our jewelry crafting at it's finest. Decades of expertise go into the design and creation of every piece. Simply put, Krizanti jewelry is of the highest quality possible.
Coptic Art Studio is devoted to Coptic Art, both old and new. It showcases work in Coptic iconography, painting, and glasswork/mosaics, as well as restoration activity. An elegant representation of the Coptic Orthodox Faith and heritage.
The James Oviatt Building, commonly referred to as The Oviatt Building, is an Art Deco highrise in Downtown Los Angeles located at 617 S. Olive Street, half a block south of 6th St. and Pershing Square. In 1983, the Oviatt Building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is also designated as a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument.The building is named after James Zera Oviatt (born in Farmington, Utah in 1888) who, in 1909, came from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles to work as a window dresser at C.C. Desmond's Department Store. In 1912, Mr. Oviatt and a colleague, hat salesman Frank Baird Alexander, launched their partnership in men’s clothing as the Alexander & Oviatt haberdashery, at 209 West Fourth Street in downtown Los Angeles. Their 'silent partner' was Frank Shaver Allen, a prominent (and wealthy) architect whose career had been destroyed by a sex scandal several years earlier.During annual summer buying trips to Europe, James Oviatt found stylish clothing to bring back to his prospering Los Angeles store. With the emergence of French Art Deco in the 1920s, Mr. Oviatt found the architectural style that would embody the interior design of his 1928 James Oviatt Building and its penthouse.The Oviatt Building was designed by the Los Angeles architectural firm of Walker & Eisen. Excavation for the Oviatt Building's construction was begun in August 1927; the building was completed in May 1928. Its furnishings included a 12-ton illuminated glass cornice and glass arcade ceiling by architect Ferdinand Chanut and glassmaker Gaëtan Jeannin. René Lalique designed and created the molded glass elevator door panels, front and side doors, chandeliers, and a large panel clock. Many tons of 'Napoleon' marble and a massive, three-faced tower clock with chimes (manufactured by the pioneering electric clockmaker, Ateliers Brillié Frères ) were imported from France.
We are a branding, design, and development agency based in Los Angeles, CA. We create beautiful, innovative experiences for brands & people. We view limitations as obstacles to overcome with our clients. We are obsessively driven by our craft and aligned by a singular mission: We use our heads to create work from our hearts.